Act, sing, cook, dance, garden, read, listen, swim, and think deeply! The Arden Club, Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization open to all. Anyone can be a member. You are welcome hither! Our Gild Hall is located just north of Wilmington, Delaware in the utopian Arts and Crafts, Single-Tax, Garden-City community of Arden. Click here for directions to Gild Hall and Arden, Delaware.
- See the Arden Club newsletter. Most if not all of what's happening at the Arden Club is listed there.
- 4/6 Spring Basket Making: Friday, April 6, 10 am at the BWVC. Come help make and decorate spring baskets for our senior (over 80) or housebound neighbors.
- 4/7 Easter Egg Hunt: Saturday, April 7, 9:45 am at the Moonlight Theatre. In case of rain, the event will be held in the Gild Hall. Please do not show up before 9:45 am as the Easter Bunny needs time to hide the eggs!
- 4/16 Julia Holter on Monday April 16, 8PM
- April 27-28, May 3-5 Ardensingers present The Mikado April 27 and 28 and May 3-5. All shows are at 8PM, with a 2 PM matinee on May 5th.
- 5/19 Lukas Nelson and the Promise of the Real w/ special guest 61 North Saturday May 19, 2012 - 8 PM
- Henry IV Part 1 presented by the Shakespeare Gild. June in the Field Theater (or in Gild Hall if it rains). June 22-24 and 27-30, with two $5 bargain shows: June 24 and 27. The Sunday matinee has been moved to 4 PM when the sun is less intense. Reservations open in May.
- See a Map
- The Arden Library has new books!
- Folk Dance Gild has dances most Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. and some Sundays at 1:30 p.m., with lessons.
Come play with us! If you have taste, intelligence and good looks -- or can fake those qualities -- you can be a member. In other words, membership is open to anyone. Click here for details. Members usually get a 20% discount on events, meals, etc.
The Gild Hall is available for private rentals and is especially popular for weddings, receptions and parties. The Hall features an indoor stage, an outdoor "Moonlight Theater", and two large rooms downstairs. Click here for details about private rentals at Gild Hall.
Isn't "Gild" Misspelled?
About the time Arden was founded as a community, one of the utopian ideas embraced by many of the founders was the idea that words should be spelled the way they sound. So "through" is spelled "thru" and "guild" is spelled "gild". This improvement of spelling was prevalent across America and was promoted by President Theodore Roosevelt, the Simplified Spelling Board, and others.
THE ANNUAL ARDEN FAIR
Every year, the Arden Fair and Antiques Market is held the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend. Click here for details.
OTHER ANNUAL EVENTS
Spring Fling, Community Garage Sales, Holiday Shop, and parties at Halloween, Christmas and New Year's Eve. Click here to learn more about these annual Gild Hall events. Some feature local artisans and artists.
DONATE A BRICK
You can still honor someone or amuse others with an engraved brick on the stage of the Moonlight Theater. Two lines of text, 15 characters and spaces per line, for $50. Most of the bricks have the donor's name on the first line and something about them on the second. Send your donation to BRICK PROJECT, 2401 Brae Road, Ardentown, DE 19810.
The Arden Club, Inc.
2126 The Highway, Arden, DE 19810
Graphics by Connee McKinney & Danny Schweers